Monday, April 23, 2007

My Friend Leonard

The suicide scene at the beginning of this is just amazing, although, you kinda knew it was coming. I mean really, in my mind she was dead already. While reading A Million Little Pieces I started to really dig Frey's writing style. I picked up MFL, happy to see that same style having that same effect on me. I was happily reading along, content with the world, awaiting another gory scene at the dentist or a tragic relapse, but instead sat through four fucking chapters about his fucking dog. I may be exaggerating, but not by much. These scenes with the pup left me yearning for that "oh-my-god-this-is-so-crazy-I-have-to-find-someone-to-read-it-to" feeling I encountered so many time in AMLP. Overall, not a very memorable read, but it still counts as book number two.

No comments: